• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Indesign to JPG generates yellow horizontal lines in image

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens? Al of a sudden I get yellow lines in all my image exports (PNG / JPG)... When giving it more pixels/inch the lines change position and are less wide.

Banner-1152x300-v01.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v16.2.1 to get this fixed.
Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/43234287

Regards,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I apologise I missed that. I'll download and try now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be doing something wrong. I got a different error message:

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.57.03 pm.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quite Photoshop, and watched to see if the script opened it – it did, but then the error message above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried Photoshop>Scripts>Image Processor and it processed them all, but I ended up with a different aspect ratio and greyscale images 😕

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.43.09 pm.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I’ve only tested on Mojave. The script writes the PDF to a system temp folder, which Big Sur is probably blocking. I can‘t test in Big Sur, but I can post a version that uses the destop if you want to try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok, thanks for your help so far Rob. I'm now reinstalling InDesign 16.1 so hopefully I can export this batch of thumbnails without the yellow bands and get them to my client before tomorrow morning. Thanks again though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually just in case I still have the banding problem, yes a version that just uses the desktop could be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many pages is the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the script only handles a single page or spread—sounds like you want to batch the entire document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

36 single pages 110 x 110px images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It handles exporting 36 pdf's, but gets stuck with the Photoshop bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem might be with the PDF setup in my script—it will only do one page at a time. I can’t get to a fix right now, but an alternate would be to export your document as a PDF/X-4 with Create Separate PDF Files checked, then drag the 36 PDFs on to Photoshop and set the Open dialog to this (you’ll have to click Open 36 times):

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem in your case was the export settings Create Separate PDF Files was checked, and my script was not handling that—here’s the update; 

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/12161f36-14df-4718-79db-ae6f4aa6c3f8

I’m curious if the fix works for you, but it won’t handle the batching you are looking for because it doesn’t accept a page range. I may add that in the future, but for now the export is only a single page or spread at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

I'm now using InDesign 16.1, but I downloaded your above script and tested it just now. It opened PhotoShop, but threw up a new error message:

sal_belle_0-1620176812524.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issue with yellow line appearing in my exported image. My yellow line appears at the bottom of the image. This all started after the most recent Indesign Update.

Image in Indesign.pngImage when Exported.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, but only when I export in 72 resolution. But it happens. The other most used resolutions (150 and 300) do not have this problem.

LIMO_we-are-social-3-web2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this resolved? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue only when exporting to 72dpi. When I exported to 300dpi it removed the yellow lines. So, I reduced the linked image file (in my case it was a .psd file) in Photoshop and it resolved the yellow lines issue. My image was originally 6000px wide and I reduced it to 2000px (proportionate to height). In Photoshop, go to Image >> Image Size and customise your size. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao! Anche io ho lo stesso problema!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the bug report of the OP:

Export to JPG generates yellow horizontal lines
Interactivez, April 21, 2021

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/43234287-export-to-jpg-...

Please vote for fixing this issue.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While upvoting is good idea, it should be noted that the rollout of 16.2 has been paused because of this so it is being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have always been quality issues when exporting pages with placed images to JPEG. Even when the new yellow line problem gets fixed, you might try the JavaScript I posted above, which creates the JPEG via a PDF export—the PDF to Photoshop export handles placed images correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines