Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export jpgs with custom names

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,
This is my first post about scripting so please be kind. 

I have a series of digital ads in indesign, each on its own page. They are all different sizes, with a slug at the bottom that states the name and size. 

Is there a script available that can take the text that is in the slug of each page and name each exported jpg the same? For instance, I have a 'social_300x250', a 'social_1920x1080', and a 'homepage_750x400' in the slug-but would also like to export jpgs with this naming as well to alleviate the ardous task of having to rename all after export. 
Is there any script out there that does this?

I have tried a few that I have located in this forum but the scripting seems to get confused about the different sizing and duplicates every size so on ouput I have for instance 'social_300x250', social_300x2502 (but a different size), social_300x2503 (again a different size...etc.)

Thank you for all and any help!
Heather

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

Could you create and share a sample document that has the same setup so that we can see where the text is? it would also help if you could share your code that way we may be able to suggest some improvements to the code you have, rather than provide some ideas and then confuse matters because it doesn't work with the code you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines