• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export list of assets in library

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helli we're trying to make a new library and delete the old. Many hundreds of assets to comb through. A physical/digital list would be great to help with this.

Is there no way to export a text file of all the assets in a library? If I view the library online I can print to pdf but only the 12 or so on that page will print to pdf at a time, not the full library.

Open to see if anyone has thoughts. I dont really care the format, it can be excel, text, thumbnails pdf list but any list would be great!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

I did a search for such a script but I couldn't find anything. Doesn't say it's not possible. Usually those scripts are developed by people who need them. You might try searching yourself. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign can make use of two different kinds of libraries: (1) Originally the only kind, the first is the one created by choosing File > New > Library. (2) The second is available to most Adobe applications, and it's called CC Libraries in InDesign (and Libraries in most other apps). It lets you store a variety of assets (images, text, styles, swatch colors, etc.)

Which of those two kinds are you working with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe #2. It shows up in indesign and photoshop and its in my CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know no way to export a text list of Adobe Creative Cloud library assets. Remember there are dozens of differnt kinds of assets which can be included so would need to potentially include all of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple script to export all of the names (including file extension suffix) would not take long to write. They could even write one to export an excel with names in one column, extension, file size, date all having columns as well.  A bit disapointed in the limited functionality of the libraries to be honest.

You can't easily download all of the assets to a single directory also, without placing 10's, hundreds, or thosands of files in an indesign and then packaging it. And if any of those files has / in the file name, or too long a file name they won't be exported either.

Thanks for your reply have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search for such a script but I couldn't find anything. Doesn't say it's not possible. Usually those scripts are developed by people who need them. You might try searching yourself. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @trishaw19134217 , Unless something changed with CC2023 the scripting API only lets you get at assets in a opened local library (created via File>New>Library). I don’t think there is a way to get at  the CCLibraries panel’s assets.

https://www.indesignjs.de/extendscriptAPI/indesign-latest/#Library.html

https://www.indesignjs.de/extendscriptAPI/indesign-latest/#Asset.html#d1e298809

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this. I think you have to be an Adobe Developer:

https://developer.adobe.com/creative-cloud-libraries/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for all your help here! I just posted another cc library question to the indesign channel if you're intreseted look it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines