• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to epub No Table of Contents

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a navigable TOC that appears in my book as well. I set up a TOC style with "Make anchor in source paragraph" box checked. But when I import, I get an error message that some TOC links aren't working because I need to check the box "Make anchor in source paragraph". I've done this 8 times, each time the box is checked and each time it tells me it isn't.  That means the TOC doesn't even show up on my epub.

I've also tried taking my automatically generated TOC and convert it to text and paste it back into the document, without any links or anything. It still won't show up and I still get the message "Make anchor in source paragraph"  isn't checked in my TOC.

Finally I went through and typed out the TOC and then made links with text anchors. I still get the same export error. This is driving me nuts.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

It might be worth checking these online video tutorials out:

InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs

InDesign CC EPUB Building on the Fundamentals | Pluralsight

Both companies offer a 10-day free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth checking these online video tutorials out:

InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs

InDesign CC EPUB Building on the Fundamentals | Pluralsight

Both companies offer a 10-day free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with my TOC in my ebooks. The PDFs export fine and my previous epubs have been fine, but my current document isn't exporting my TOC. I also have "Make Anchor in Source Paragraph" selected. My Nav TOC works fine, but the one in book is just not showing up. It's driving me crazy too. I've tried several work arounds, including using different versions of ID, but nothing. It's maddening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the TOC showing up at the end of the EPUB document? (It's not anchored correctly.)

Do you have a TOC "style" defined? (You have to specify the correct style name in the EPUB export menu, although this usually only affects the reader's nav menu.)

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines