• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to IDML for Trados Studio

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a document has 2 layers, one for English text and one for French text, is it possible to export ONLY the English layer to IDML so I can open it in my translation software Trados Studio?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

You can just hide the layer in the Layers panel, by clicking on the eye icon. Then Trados can't see the hidden layer. When you recreate the IDML post-translation, you can simply unhide the layer that you didn't want to go through translation. Most tools will also skip anything hidden by using Object -> Hide, but I can't say I've tested that with Trados anytime in the last decade. 

Here's a more thorough discussion of this layer-hiding strategy from the RWS forums

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just hide the layer in the Layers panel, by clicking on the eye icon. Then Trados can't see the hidden layer. When you recreate the IDML post-translation, you can simply unhide the layer that you didn't want to go through translation. Most tools will also skip anything hidden by using Object -> Hide, but I can't say I've tested that with Trados anytime in the last decade. 

Here's a more thorough discussion of this layer-hiding strategy from the RWS forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines