• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to PDF with only PANTONE spot color

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign document which uses two PANTONE spot colors (instead of the black ink, I use the PANTONE Process Blue U, while the menus are made with the PANTONE Rubine Red U). How can I export to PDF using ONLY that spot colors? Should I just change to "NO COLOR CONVERSION" in the Output menu when exporting to PDF, and it automatically does the work (no CMYK, only the two spot colors)? Or is there another setting I should consider when exporting? In the sub-menu "Ink Manager" I think I can only convert the spot colors to CMYK, but that is not what I need to do, it's actually the other way around: I want to create a PDF WITHOUT the CMYK colors, just the two spot colors. Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, if you have in your exported PDF, CMYK + those two PANTONE colors - it's not a big deal as the place you want to print them can generate printing plates for only those two PANTONEs and ignore CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @matejsussi , All PDFs have at a minimum the 4 process color plates, or if the export is to a Gray profile a single Black plate. You can setup an InDesign Preflight rule that would flag any CMY usage, but allow Black and Spot colors. Something like this gets the white rectangle because its fill is Cyan set to a 0% Opacity:

Screen Shot 32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines