• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting InDesign files in epub format.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to successfully export a 56-page InDesign file in epub format. I keep getting this error message: "Error Formatting image '101.png'. System may be low on memory or disk space." for each page.

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FXL ePub or Reflowable ePub?

Is the PNG anchored?

How are you viewing the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd bet, here, that it's FXL export, which creates page-images in PNG format of all the elements it can't represent with positioned text. There are a number of reasons the error would crop up, but the simplest is that one or more of these background/framing page images is too complex for either the export process or the user's system.

@karljohnson , are you exporting to fixed-page EPUB? And if so, why? It's not a recommended format for anything but a very narrow range of "picture page" books.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines