• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files opening in Preview mode

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using InDesign for years and this has just started happening lately. I don't mind checking preview mode when nearing completion but I don't like working in it and having to turn it off every time I open a file is an extra step I'd rather avoid. Using InDesign CC. Any help on starting up in normal mode again would be helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

With no document open click on the icon at the bottom of the toolbar for Normal view. Then quit the program. When relaunched it should, once again, be the default. See screen shot:

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.54.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That setting is saved with the file. Any views the file had when saved will be there when opened.

Are you saying, for a fact, that this is not the case here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, they were new files but what you suggested worked. Thanks for the pointer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With no document open click on the icon at the bottom of the toolbar for Normal view. Then quit the program. When relaunched it should, once again, be the default. See screen shot:

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.54.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional thought. Any previous documents saved in Preview mode will still open that way. What I described above pertains to any new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta type faster, Bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines