• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Printed from InDesign 17.2.1 to EFI Fiery Command 6 will not hold in que.

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced an issue printing files using print presets from InDesign to Fiery Command and the files immediately printing instead of holding in the que?
I have InDesign 17.2.1 with Fiery Command 6 and Mac OS Catalina and everytime I try to print, whether I use my presets or manually set the file parameters, InDesign always sends my file directly to print instead of the hold que. The only way I've found around this is to go to the Printer button in my Print Dialog box and choose Fiery Features. and then select Hold from the dropdown menu. Only then when I hit print does it go to the que.
Even if I have set the Fiery Features command in my presets it will still immediately print went sent. If I open the preset, the Hold command is selected, but I still have to hit OK on each file before I hit print in the InDesign's Print Dialog box.
I believe this is an issue between InDesign and OS Catalina and Monterey, as it seems to not be an issue printing from InDesign with Sierra or Mohave. Does anyone know of a fix other than my tedious work-around? Would appreciate any info. Thanks

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

This is a long standing (7+ years) issue with InDesign, Apple and Fiery. There is no solution and it's been this way since way before Sierra and Mojave. No one will take ownership of it but the gist is InDesign presets cannot dictate the Apple printer settings including the Fiery drop down.

We've worked around the issue by selecting our InDesign preset, then clicking "printer" button, then OK in the Apple window (you don't have to drill down to Fiery Features) then click Print in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long standing (7+ years) issue with InDesign, Apple and Fiery. There is no solution and it's been this way since way before Sierra and Mojave. No one will take ownership of it but the gist is InDesign presets cannot dictate the Apple printer settings including the Fiery drop down.

We've worked around the issue by selecting our InDesign preset, then clicking "printer" button, then OK in the Apple window (you don't have to drill down to Fiery Features) then click Print in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, Kevin. I'll try your suggestion. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

I read you latest post on this fix but it did not work for us. AI, PS, Acrobat and the office products will send to the hold queue except for ID 18.0. This is a new workstation with OS 12.6 but my other workstation is 12.2 and has no issues sending to the hold queue. I did reset ID preference upon launch, made a quick text file and it did go to the hold queue once and only once then the error message popped up.

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines