• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fills defaulting to 80% transparency

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble with some sort of setting or default - I changed a shape several weeks ago, to 80% transparency with the Effects panel, and now every time I add a fill to a shape it defaults to the 80%, anyone know of a way to change this default setting I somehow created without knowing?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

To reset almost any default in ID, click in empty document space so that no element (frame, text, graphic) is selected. Then set the characteristics you want as the default (font, color, opacity, etc.) Make sure Effects are cleared.

In this case, with the selection arrow tool and a click to 'select nothing,' set the fill, stroke and opacity to values you want as default. That should give you back normal operation.

(It's fairly easy to pick color, stroke, opacity, etc. without realizing you d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset almost any default in ID, click in empty document space so that no element (frame, text, graphic) is selected. Then set the characteristics you want as the default (font, color, opacity, etc.) Make sure Effects are cleared.

In this case, with the selection arrow tool and a click to 'select nothing,' set the fill, stroke and opacity to values you want as default. That should give you back normal operation.

(It's fairly easy to pick color, stroke, opacity, etc. without realizing you don't have an object selected, and then you have new defaults you didn't quite mean to set.)

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you James! That fixed it, I dont know why I've never know that simple process, both creating and changing back, thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines