• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

find and replace

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you able to find a symbol and reaplce it with a vector image with find and replace?Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 7.09.56 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

So are you trying to find # and replace it with the black paw print?

1. Select the black paw print. 
  2. Edit > Copy
  3. Find/Change
    • Find: #
    • Change: ^C

This will paste whatever is on the clipboard, in the first case, the black paw print.

~Barb

fc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you trying to find # and replace it with the black paw print?

1. Select the black paw print. 
  2. Edit > Copy
  3. Find/Change
    • Find: #
    • Change: ^C

This will paste whatever is on the clipboard, in the first case, the black paw print.

~Barb

fc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed - I'd suggest the same thing. Good one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing is, I was thinking 'yes, with GREP you can use Clipboard contents', never realized it was there in the plain 'Text' tab as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would copy the bear paw, then paste it into the text in context. That is, manually replace one symbol. After that, scale and position the paw using Object > Anchored Object > Options. Once the paw is positioned where you want it relative to the text make it an object style then select it as text. Copy, then follow Barb's instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, maybe you can help me. I was struggling with replacing a"word" with a png file.

The problem is that I have a document with facing pages and this should the be on left and right facing towards the page. Is there any way to do this? Also, I tried the suggestions from above and I only manage to replace all to ^C even though I adjust to replace to clipboard content, unformatted..

Thank you for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create an object style first to the image and make sure it's applied to the object.

In the object style you can set the anchored objects setting.

Then once it is all set up correctly. You then copy the image with the object style.

And do the find replace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines