Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find Cell Style Override?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Is there anyway or method to find out if any cellStyle has been overridden through InDesign JavaScript?

Cell Style Override.png

Thanks

AP

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see that when I tried. But the point is that the function can't be used for cells because cells will always be flagged as different. The OP wants to know whether any cells differ (from the aplied style), not how they differ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe not the function alone - but if we have a list of differences - we can ignore some and focus on the important ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This type of scripting problem are the most annoying to me as I know the answer is just there. Hidden from the scripter.

In the C++ SDK you can call QueryCellOverrides which returns all the overrides in one nice simple call.  You would have thought it would have been exposed to the scripting world, its been there since the beggining of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines