• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fitting Text box to styles

Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Sorry for the clunky title, I didn't know how to summarise. I've redesigned a price box in a document using paragraph styles (see image), where the strokes and fills are determined within the styles rather than one box with a white stroke on top (as it was). These price boxes should snap to the bottom right of all items on the page (like the top example). However I can't get it to snap accurately as the overall shape doesn't really fit within the frame. I'd like the stroke/rows to all fit perfectly within the text frame so I can snap it perfectly. Any ideas? Thanks.

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

If it helps, I've attached a short step-by-step on how I made a similar object style.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about as a single-click Object Style?

ObjectStyle.gif

Note the alignment is to the outside of the parent frame. Obviously, I did not try to match your font styles exactly.

InDesign file is attached.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awesome David. Thanks, I'll be taking a good look at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it helps, I've attached a short step-by-step on how I made a similar object style.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines