• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed Layout EPUB from InDesign, Adobe Fonts not showing in Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fixed layout EPUB in which I have used only OTF typefaces from Adobe.   Minion Pro as the main paragraph text, plus Rockwell variations for headings, page titles, etc.  The book is a step-by-step book heavy with images on every page.     I have created paragraph and character styles for all the text I am using, I have synchronised all the styles across the book (numerous times!).

When I export the EPUB, only one font (Minion Pro) shows in Adobe Digital editions.  It looks like InDesign has substituted Minion Pro for all the variations of Rockwell, and everywhere it has done so, the re are a lot of spaces between the words.   I tried changing Rockwell to two other Adobe font with no success; still does the same thing.

I have opened the EPUB with eCan crusher and there is an @Font face for Rockwell and in the Font Folder it lists the three Rockwell variations I have used in my EPUB.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?  I rechecked everything numerous times  - all day today!.  Two images attached; one page as it appears in InDesign, the other as it appears in ADE after export.

TOPICS
EPUB , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions, quite frankly, is garbage and Adobe should be embarrassed by it.

Thorium Reader is probably the best for Windows (available in the Microsoft Store) and stick with the Book app for any Apple product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for answering so quickly. 

It showed up correctly in Thorium Reader and the Book App on my iPad.

However, the other problem I had (not mentioned above) appears Thorium and the Book app as well, so I'll now post that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines