• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flicker & Refresh Issues on macOS and InDesign 19.4 (was "Issues")

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently when I move the cursor around, I get flicker and refresh on the display. NEVER HAVE I HAD THIS BEFORE!

I also get RANDOM REFRESH. NEVER HAVE I HAD THIS BEFORE!!!

I also have an issue when I paste a vector graphicc that has 80% K and 100% K, it changes the 80%K to 4/c. If I place that same icon into a blank page it pastes fine. Both color space setting are the same.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christopher3440329747o5 by any chance did Adobe InDesign get an update? It might be that the hardware acceleration to improve performance was flipped on in inDesign Preferences.  Try disabling it to see if it resolves the flickering. Go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and uncheck "Use Hardware Acceleration." Restart InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Mac, the latest OS and OF COURSE InDESIGN is UP TO DATE! That is the default setting. Never had a problem with this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently when I move the cursor around, I get flicker and refresh on the display. NEVER HAVE I HAD THIS BEFORE!

By @Christopher3440329747o5

Your versions of InDesign and the operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update? If you have enable auto-update on, it could be the reason why....update.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe which has Auto Update automaticcally set to Auto Update is the problem? Don't you think Adobe would TEST THEIR SOFTWARE THAT WE PAY $$$ A MONTH FOR and make sure it WORKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is current! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had a dollar for every person who claimed everything was current. If you can't be bothered to provide actual system details in full version and build numbers of InDesign and the operating system we can't really help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had $20 for every minute I am spending figuring out Adobe's issues. Actually $200 and I would share with you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to create a clean new user account in System Settings > Users & Groups and work from there. Will it make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unticking GPU Performance in InDesign Preferences under the GPU Performance tab, then closing and reopening the application.
Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 11.48.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU Isn't the issue! I tried that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chill a bit Christopher, the volunteers are trying to help you. We have to establish your system info and what steps you might have taken so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher:

We understand that this is frustrating for you. You may not be aware that we are users like you, who volunteer to help other users with their InDesign issues in our spare time. 

I'm on an M1 MacBook runing  macOS Ventura 14.5 and InDesign 19.4 with GPU Performance enabled and not seeing the flickering that you are describing. Flickering was an issue on the early releases of macOS Ventura but was fixed when Apple released 14.3.

Will you please confirm that you are on macOS Ventura 14.5?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Sonoma 14.5. It happened on 14.4.1 as well. I just re-installed PS/AI and InDesign. So NOW I need to re-setup everything. I realy HATE what Abobe has become. Unbelievable. I knew I was stupid upgrading from High Sierra where EVERYTHING WORKED FOR YEARS. 

Sorry I have 30 title sheets to get finished today and there is an issue with 100K black converting to 4/c black when importing into InDesign. 

ANOTHER ISSUE in I ahve NEVER HAD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had asked, we maybe could have explained how to save your Preferences. 
Also, trashing your Preferences may have saved you reinstalling the applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have time to do Adobe's job to ensure their software works. 

So as of now, reinstalling all Adobe apps on my M3 Sonoma 14.5 - EVERYTHING UP TO DATE is now not flickering. FOR NOW!

But the color profile issue is still causing a problem. I have to switch from SWOP to Graco then back to SWOP and then paste my graphic and it comes in as black, not 4/c black. IDK what the hell is up with this - in 35 years I have NEVER seen this before.

Oh well - can't wait for AI to take our jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a JOKE! Can't even install PS without ISSUES!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Placing the image in Photoshop?

Have you checked to see if the image is corrupt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled the previous PS and no issue now!

How much do I pay for this crap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled the previous PS and no issue now!

Did you revert to an earlier version of Photoshop 2024 or reinstall Photoshop 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Previous 2024

If you're confident there's a bug in the recent Photoshop update, then you may want to report it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filt...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if your GPU drivers are up-to-date. Don't rely on the OS updates, go to the manufacturer's website and see if you have the latest drivers.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines