• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issues with Helvetica Neue bold in InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my computer to macOS Sonoma 14.2.1, My helvetica Neue Bold TT font shows as missing when using Indesign 2024. It is definitely installed in the Adobe Cloud.  I've tried restarting, deleting font and reinstalling. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Bug , Print , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Hi, I meant I’ve uploaded it to creative cloud.

A font stored in a directory on your Adobe account’s server would not work with InDesign, all fonts have to be stored locally—in your System font folders, the InDesign application folder,  a packaged Font folder, etc

and all the other versions of Helvetica Neue are still working

You can check the path of the working fonts via Find/Replace Font. Open a file with the font, select the font in Find/Replace Font, click More Info, and the Path will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some font types may not work with Apple or indeed InDesign.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/apple-unsupporting-fonts-in-2023-format-confusio...

Can you clarify the exact type of font it is - can you share more info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely installed in the Adobe Cloud.

Hi Debbie @ Bella , can you clarify what you mean by installed in the Adobe Cloud? Helvetica Neue is not included at Adobe Type as a subscription font, so to use Helvetica Neue Bold TT you would have to install it locally, usually in one of your system font folders.

If you did a clean install of Sonoma, rather than an upgrade to an existing system, the fonts you installed in the old system's user fonts folder would not have been installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I meant I’ve uploaded it to creative cloud. I’ve been using it since the cloud was introduced without an issue and all the other versions of Helvetica Neue are still working. Bold is the only one with an issue.

Debbie Pilarinos
Art Director / Beauty Editor

+61 (0)2 7209 0682

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I meant I’ve uploaded it to creative cloud.

A font stored in a directory on your Adobe account’s server would not work with InDesign, all fonts have to be stored locally—in your System font folders, the InDesign application folder,  a packaged Font folder, etc

and all the other versions of Helvetica Neue are still working

You can check the path of the working fonts via Find/Replace Font. Open a file with the font, select the font in Find/Replace Font, click More Info, and the Path will tell you where the working fonts are stored:

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines