• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font managers?

Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. I have such headaches when it comes to fonts. I have tried using Suitcase Fusion (long ago) and RightFont to manage my fonts. Both of them have been glitchy and very hard to use and need constant upkeep and troubleshooting. Right now, I'm using Rightfont and it's terrible. I need to find a new font manager, but not sure where to turn. I liked how Rightfont automatically activated any fonts in my Adobe programs whenever I opened a document without me having to manually turn them on. I'd love one that does that. Everyone seems to use Suitcase Fusion. I have an Apple computer, btw. Perhaps it has improved over the past 5 or so years since I've used it? I'd love to hear what other mac users use and have success with...

Thanks!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

I have tried several over the years: Suitacse, Font Agent, etc, but finally settled on Font Explorer and have been using it for years. Of all the ones i've tried, it had the least problems. It has autoactivation plug-ins for the major design apps (Adobe included), although they tend to drag their feet a bit in getting updated ones out whenever there's a major update, as the plugins are version-specific. It's lives comfortably with Adobe cloud fonts as well.

That being said, their tech support on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suitcase Fusion would be my recommendation for a dedicated font management utility, it works with local, Adobe CC, Google fonts, etc.

FWIW when Font Book added the ability to create collections, working with customers fonts, or large sets of internal fonts was much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several over the years: Suitacse, Font Agent, etc, but finally settled on Font Explorer and have been using it for years. Of all the ones i've tried, it had the least problems. It has autoactivation plug-ins for the major design apps (Adobe included), although they tend to drag their feet a bit in getting updated ones out whenever there's a major update, as the plugins are version-specific. It's lives comfortably with Adobe cloud fonts as well.

That being said, their tech support online is lacking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you everyone for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines