• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font size not changing despite paragraph style.

Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a footer in my document (circled in red below) and changing the font size in the paragraph styles isn't working. Changing other paragraph styles does effect the footer.

What's going on?

(In case anyone notices, I put a text box with this footer on top of the blue rectangle beneath it. I also tried creating this footer in a single blue text box with white text, but the font size doesn't work there either.)

keithm1972_0-1656534776912.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

The pink highlighting seems to indicate you have a font problem. I'd suspect a character style or style import problem.

Put the text cursor in the actual text on the Parent page and see what font it thinks it is. If you get a style in brackets, you need to clear any styles applied and make sure the font face is valid.

(For example, you see this kind of error when you override a style from FirstFont Medium to SecondFont, which does not have a Medium face.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink highlighting seems to indicate you have a font problem. I'd suspect a character style or style import problem.

Put the text cursor in the actual text on the Parent page and see what font it thinks it is. If you get a style in brackets, you need to clear any styles applied and make sure the font face is valid.

(For example, you see this kind of error when you override a style from FirstFont Medium to SecondFont, which does not have a Medium face.)

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! I accidentally set a font size on a bold character style that was freezing the font size of the paragraph style. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have a character style applied to the text in the footer. Formatting in character styles override paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was exactly the case, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines