Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font suggestions for Georgian language

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I am inputting Georgian text into an Indesign file but I cannot find a font that supports this language. 

So far, I've tried Georgia Pro, Omnes Georgian, and Gill Sans Nova from Adobe Fonts. I've also tried the more typical ones such as Myriad Pro, Open Sans, etc. but nothing works. 

They all show as below: 

Saraswatie23910380k8u9_0-1671035639499.png

Please help. Thanks. 

Regards, 

Sara

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Привет!

Походи по русскому форуму. 

Например -

https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/pomogite-najti-shrift-segoe-ui-dlja-macos.79582/#post-1320235

и вот ещё - 

https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/kak-podobrat-shrift-dlja-teksta-na-gruzinskom.72848/#post-1115456

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George, 

Thanks for your input. Seems the forums are in Russian and I tried to use Google Translate to understand what is bring discussed. 
I downloaded Noto fonts from Google, Grigoli fron Font2U and some of the other websites sugggested are in a language other than English which I do not understand. But none has worked still. I also changed the default composer to Adobe world-ready paragraph composer and that did not help. I wonder if there is a different version on Indesign I need to use: 

Saraswatie23910380k8u9_0-1671039041230.png

Sorry, I am a beginner user of Adobe Creatives Suites so I appreciate any help. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, there is no Adobe InDesign with Georgian interface. 

You download fonts, ok. Are you install them and you see them inside InDesign?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Действительно не понимаешь русский? Или просто сложно читать? Do you speak Russian or so young that can't understand fluently? On rudtp.ru I think you will find more Georgian users than here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look here? 

https://fonts.ge/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George, 

Thanks for your input. I am solely an English speaker so I do not speak nor understand Russian or Georgian. Yes when I downloaded the fonts, I see them in InDesign. But when I try to change the text font for the Georgian text, it still shows as little squares. 
I believe I found a solution. Calibri font works fine with displaying Georgian text in InDesign. I found another thread that says to use the same font as the Georgian text in MS word or PDF (in this case it was Calibri). 

Thank you for you help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you don't have a character style assigned to the text that is overriding your choice of font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines