• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font working in Illustrator but not in Indesign

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering, if you guys had the same problem.

I installed a font called Roboto. Usually it's working on every program also Creatoive Cloud programs. It still does but not in InDesign. I reinstalled and tried to put the font in manually but that isn't working too. So I reinstalled the program, shut the computer down. It's still working on Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, XD, and so on... 

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mia,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html)& let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. The font works in all apps except InDesign. I've tried installing it with Fontbook, Suitcase, in the InDesign folder (library) and a Document fonts folder. I've also cleared the system font cache using the Terminal, validated the font (it passed) and I've restarted the compluter. Nothing works yet it's still available in Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office etc. Any ideas?

Regards

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mgcreative123,

What version of InDesign are you using. This was a bug in the recent versions and has been resolved in the 17.2.1 version. See the following link for details

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a million, that did it. I can now start the project!

Best Regards

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mia,

make sure that Roboto is not installed with font files from Google Fonts.

Look into Document fonts folders if there are some and the Fonts folder of your InDesign application folder.

Also try the following trouble shooting step:

Restart InDesign or your machine after activating the font from Adobe Fonts.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines