• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts installed on Windows but still showing missing in InDesign

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have even moved the windows fonts to the FONTS folder in the program folder, still no dice.

They exist in my PC. How to get InD to find and use them?

They do not exist in the Creative Cloud font app.

Thanks for any help.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Xinamc2018  wrote

…I click "install font" and let it go where Windows puts it…

Hi Xinamc2018 ,

instead "install font" use the option "Install for all users".

This is the crucial point with Windows 10.

This came up lately in the forum:

InDesign packaging not packaging fonts folder after Windows 10 upgrade

The solution was to use option Install for All Users instead of the simple install option for fonts.

Here a quote from Dov Isaacs ( https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dov%20Isaacs ) from reply #6 of that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to access these fonts in other applications such as Word. If so, you may have a filter applied, check the InDesign font filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Okay, no I can't. One is missing, one is there but not named (Adobe Wood ornaments), and one is there.

So I guess I am somehow missing knowledge on how to get various programs to use fonts that are stored on my computer in the default font place (I click "install font" and let it go where Windows puts it).

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xinamc2018  wrote

…I click "install font" and let it go where Windows puts it…

Hi Xinamc2018 ,

instead "install font" use the option "Install for all users".

This is the crucial point with Windows 10.

This came up lately in the forum:

InDesign packaging not packaging fonts folder after Windows 10 upgrade

The solution was to use option Install for All Users instead of the simple install option for fonts.

Here a quote from Dov Isaacs ( https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dov%20Isaacs ) from reply #6 of that linked discussion:

… Install the fonts from your source by right-clicking on the font file and selecting either Install for All Users (this puts a copy in C:\Windows\fonts) or Install as Shortcut for All Users (no copy placed in the Windows font directory). Do Not use the Install option, a new feature of a recent Windows 10 versions which only makes the font visible to the user installing the font. That type of font installation may be the problem, at least with Adobe applications. …

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do believe this worked.(the first suggested step) For anyone else having trouble, let me clarify a point.

You will NOT find "Install for all users" by opening the font in Windows; there you will see only options to print and install.

instead, once the font is downloaded, right-click on the file and there you will see the options to install for all users.

THANKS EVERYBODY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please let me know where the Font Filters can be checked!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Xinamc2018 ,

here the help page about "Organize, search, and filter fonts" with InDesign:

Use fonts in InDesign

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that particular fonts are not working for you in InDesign and other applications and I am hopeful that the steps shared above would have resolved it for you. If not, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS and version of InDesign
  • Name and source of the font.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines