Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not activating

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

All of a sudden fonts ae not working with InDesign.     I use InDesign CC 2022 and Suitcase Fusion.

I've had no issues with fonts at all.   Then, all of a sudden I open a file that I worked on yesterday and the fonts won't activate in InDesign.   Suitcase has the font turned on but the font does not show up in INDD font list.   However, the font shows up in Illustrator.

Its not all fonts, just some.  But a lot of them.  And its fonts that I use everyday.

I using MacOS Catalina and the most recent update of InDesign and Suitcase Fusion.

Any ideas where to start or is it an InDesign issue?

Thank you,

Paul

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps.

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled, added to the Indesign Fonts folder, and more. Nothing works. Help would be greatly appreciated as I need these fonts for my work. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an InDesign issue. If you are using version 17.2, try downgrading to 17.0.1 since that has resolved the issue for several people on this forum so far. We patiently await a real fix from Adobe for version 17.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is in connection with Suitcase you should ask them if an update to their font manager ist available. It is not an Adobe Issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It most definitely IS an Adobe issue. As I posted in a previous thread, the fonts activate successfully in Suitcase and are visible to Illustrator and Photoshop and other applications. Taking Suitcase out of the equation and loading fonts into Font Book and other 3rd party font managers, InDesign 17.2 still did not see the fonts even when a proper Document Fonts folder was available as well. So it remains an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Documents Fonts Folder it should use that first - and if the font is loaded in other locations it could be clashing.

However, I'm seeing this reported everywhere

So best to log it as a bug

Report bugs or make a feature request

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Other things that might fix it

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Paul - Laura Marr @Andy5C85 @Rebecca238262514qrn,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate the issue at our end with multiple fonts on v17.2 & in some instances, on v17.1 as well. We have logged a bug a with the product team last week, and they are currently investigating the issue on a priority.

I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...) if not done already. By doing this, you will keep on getting updates related to this issue.

Also, if possible, please share the download link to the fonts which are not showing up in Indesign here or via DM with me.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Indesign v17.0.1 or earlier until this issue gets fixed.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went and upvoted on UserVoice.

I did download 17.0.1 and it has worked, except for one or two fonts.

But I can get around those at the moment - I just have to use Illustrator for anything involving those fonts.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps.

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear all, 

problem is NOT fixed! problems continue and are extended over the whole CC Suite, Illustrator Photoshop! This is catastrophic!
i'm using the most recent versions in Catalina:
Indesign 17.4
Photoshop 23.5.1

Illustrator 26.5

This is urgent!

regards from Germany/Düsseldorf

brigitte m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brigitte Marx 

I apologize for the delayed response. Please update InDesign to the most recent version, ID18, and let us know if it solves the problem. If you are still having problems with the most recent version, kindly try resetting your preferences.

We will make every effort to assist you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NO:
1. Not the correct answer.  
2. Too late.
Phenomenon results from comflitcs with Font-management-software such as Font Explorer. 
https://www.macworld.com/article/233868/font-chaos-in-macos-catalina-and-how-to-deal-with-it.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines