• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not loading in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in the most recent version of InDesign. When I open a packaged file received from a client. I am given the message from InDesign that fonts are missing. I then open Fontbook and load the supplied fonts. When I go back to InDesign they are not loaded. I have waited a good 5 minutes for InDesign to sync. Still nothing. If I save the document and quit InDesign, then relaunch it, the fonts are present. Anyone know how to fix this. In the past once fonts were loaded they would simply update in InDesign. Im hoping I dont have to quit and relaunce so many times throughout the day. 
Also, there have been instances where I load the font and they update in InDesign. I can see they visually have updated, but InDesign still shows an error of them missing and also has them highlighted in pink - even though they appear correct. If I follow the same process of quit and relaunch it resolves the issue, but again, trying to avoid constant quit and relaunch. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps.

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What EXACT version are you using? How is that package being transferred to you? Is there a documents fonts folder involved or are you using Adobe Fonts? What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your efforts. I am using InDesign 2022 (17.1). I receive files from clients that use the Package process, so INDD, IDML, Font and Links are collected, zipped and usually sent via a file transfer service. These are all collected fonts (not Adobe TypeKit) that I activate in Fontbook on my MAC which is running Monterey 12.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not using the latest release. 17.2 is now available so the first thing you should do is apply that update to see if it addresses anything that might be causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I made the update and tried to open a few files to see if it helped, but I think all of the fonts I previously loaded are still being recognized. So, I will have to wait for a new file to be recieved and report back.

There was a separate post I listed at the same time yesterday - that involved images not updating upon opening. This InDesign update that you suggest still has not resolved that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woudn't even bother with FontBook. If you recieved properly packaged files, they will be in a folder called Document Fonts. When you open the InDesign file there will be no need to load the fonts at all because InDesign will see the packaged fonts and make them available for that document only. See if that helps the next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with InDesign (17.2), a particular font has just stopped showing up. The font works fine in other software such as Photoshop and illustrator but not InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverted to 17.0 and the font issue has gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to InDesign 17.01 and I believe your problem will be fixed. Quite a few people are reporting similar issues, and are finding that it is resolved by going back to 17.01. Try it and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just update to InDesign 19.1 and this problem started. Never had an issue with v17. I received some files in v19 which forced me to upgrade. Thanks for this comment, I will revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you confirm if you're getting any errors while loading font? Are those fonts available in any other Adobe application? You can also try the suggestions shared in this article. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tamir Anghel @EdwardCPI @Stephen22137919vb6k @Jeremy AB,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate the issue at our end with multiple fonts on v17.2 & in some instances, on v17.1 as well. We have logged a bug a with the product team last week, and they are currently investigating the issue on a priority.

I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...) if not done already. By doing this, you will keep on getting updates related to this issue.

Also, if possible, please share the download link to the fonts which are not showing up in Indesign here or via DM with me.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Indesign v17.0.1 or earlier until this issue gets fixed.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font Outfit doesn't show up in InDesign but it does in other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rolling back to 17.1 or 17.01?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link to the font @Jeremy AB. Until the fix gets released, you may install the older version of InDesign.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps.

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hav ethe same problem, even with the update on 7.2.1
One font is aktivated, but not in InDesign, I can use it in Photoshop and in Illustrator.
This ist not a little bug, it is absolutely essential to be able to work with fonts that are ok.
In InDesign 2019 it is not better.

Any new ideas meanwhile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines