• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts Upload

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe indesign says it doesn't have the font 'Scala Pro'. I need it for my class assignment. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are available on the Adobe Fonts site. You should be able to activate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jmlevy ,

note that the screenshot's message says that the missing font styles could not be found on Adobe Fonts.

That's a bit strange, I think.

@Elizabet Stark ,

could you provide a sample InDesign document where you see the error message?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Elizabet Stark:

This happens in class with some frequency. Usually, we get around it by activating the fonts in the browser.

Try this: click https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/ff-scala. Log in with your Adobe ID and then activate the fonts in your browser. Give it a few minutes for them to load into InDesign. Be sure you are logged into InDesign/CC and fonts.adobe.com with the same Adobe ID.

scala.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barb,

I fully agree. Made it a habit to activate needed fonts from Adobe Fonts solely in the browser.

There are many reasons:

One of them is that I had hard times once to do this from the Creative Cloud Desktop App and also with InDesign. InDesign needed a restart to show the activated fonts. I'm not sure if that issue is resolved with the current versions of InDesign and the Creative Cloud Desktop App…

The other reason is that I first do a little research in the Type > Find Fonts… panel if a missing font is perhaps of type TrueType which usually leads to look up the font styles in Google Fonts, download it from there and install it in a Document fonts folder, because I do not want to mix it with installed fonts in my system.

And when I'm teaching at university there is yet another reason, I am not allowed to install fonts on the machines.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines