• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form building, PDFs, General Venting

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe software at work for almost 25 years. I've been submitting feature requests over the years, only to recently discover that Adobe changed to some completely different forum for feature requests where I have to make a new login different from my Adobe login. *Sigh*

A few features I submitted have been added (over many years), but the main ones have been ignored. Maybe most people don't care about these, but I see many threads about some of them in this forum.

1. Better form development in InDesign. We need more options to set up forms and especially a better way to set the Tab Order for fields. The Tab Order panel is hidden in the Object menu instead of being under the Window>Interactive panel (or just integrated into the Forms panel), and once you open it, it is atrocious to try to work with. You can't resize the panel, can't rename anything, have to use arrows to move items up and down instead of just dragging them. If you have a group of items, like radio buttons, you can't even tell which radio button item you need to move up or down because they are all named the same thing (see screenshot). This is so frustrating after all these years.

2. Opening PDF files in both InDesign and Illustrator. This one continues to boggle my mind. Adobe developed the PDF format and yet, InDesign and Illustrator have a hard time re-opening PDF files even though they are the apps that created them. InDesign can't even edit PDF files at all. When you open one in Illustrator, it places it inside a clipping mask and breaks up much of the text into separate elements, or even turns it into paths so it is not editable at all. I've used Affinity Designer and when I open a PDF in that app every piece of text remains editable and within the paragraph block it was created in. I'm not sure why Adobe can't make this happen with their own software?

Sometimes a client will send a PDF of something 7 years old that they want a couple small changes on and it would save so much time to be able to open and edit the PDF rather than having to search through archived files looking for the original doc.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Venting here is fine - no issues with a nice discussion on improvements. It's not something I am involved with, forms from InDesign - not my bag.

You can submit feature requests here

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines