• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing when flipping between files

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 indesign files and I'm flipping back and forth as i'm taking pieces from each file and putting it into my current document.  It's so slow and there aren't any items in my background tasks. How to resolve?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your versions of InDesign and operating system? are you moving items between documents by drag-and-drop, or moving entire pages, or copy-pasting, or something else? what part of the process exactly is slow and how specifically does this manifest itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Misty28015368o37r,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing issues while switching files in InDesign. Could you please let us know if you still need help or your issue is resolved? Please feel free to share the information asked by our expert so that we can help you further.

We would be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not resolved. It's still moving very slowly.  Files are saved locally.  It freezes when I have multiple files open and I try to go back and forth between them. I think it has something to do with it trying to install fonts in the background but I can't get rid of that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not resolved. It's still moving very slowly.  Files are saved locally.  It freezes when I have multiple files open and I try to go back and forth between them. I think it has something to do with it trying to install fonts in the background but I can't get rid of that

By @Misty28015368o37r

once again, your versions of InDesign and operating system? also, how much RAM your machine has? as well as free disk space? did you always have this problem or did it start after a software/hardware update/change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found that any use of a Document Fonts folder causes this kind of behavior, at least on my aging desktop. Large numbers of installed fonts, or a large number of activated Adobe Fonts, can contribute somewhat to slowdowns (especially with the Fonts panel). But closing a file, renaming or removing any Document Fonts folder, and re-opening the file yields immediate performance improvements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 indesign files and I'm flipping back and forth as i'm taking pieces from each file and putting it into my current document.  It's so slow and there aren't any items in my background tasks. How to resolve?

By @Misty28015368o37r

Where are your files saved - locally or remotely? 

Do you have any links in your files that are saved remotely?

How many fonts do you have installed in your system? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines