Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 11.37.50 PM.png

what is the problem

InDesign cc2017

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

go to Type > Show Hidden Characters

you will notice the the blue characters and notice what is the sign at last of sentence, select it and replace it with a space.

also you can copy it, and press cmd F (find and change) past it in find what and change to press space and change all

this character name is: forced line braek it looks like you copy the text from browser.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 03.49.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post that image again, but with invisible characters showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to Type > Show Hidden Characters

you will notice the the blue characters and notice what is the sign at last of sentence, select it and replace it with a space.

also you can copy it, and press cmd F (find and change) past it in find what and change to press space and change all

this character name is: forced line braek it looks like you copy the text from browser.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 03.49.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank uuu, i don't know anything about hidden characters before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my God Manal, how could you suggest a thing so wrong, replacing Paragraph Break with a space. Seriously!! This suggestion will ruin long articles.

InDesign with Middle Eastern features has the MIDDLE EASTERN features for this purpose you know.

Here are the options you ought to try…

Select full text, then in Paragraph Panel use "Justify with last line aligned right".

Last-line-justified.jpg

If you didn't like the result, you can go back to the "Justify All Lines" as it was before but test other features such as:

Select full text, now click on the "Insert Kashida" drop menu to choose a longer Kashida length.

Khashida-length.jpg

Also try both World Ready Single Line Composer and World Ready Paragraph Composer as each will affect your paragraphs and lines differently.

Text-composers.jpg

Now you may want to try different combinations with above displayed Middle Eastern options, as the more you play with them, the more you understand how they function but please don't insert unnecessary spaces in your text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zaid, my request for an image with invisibles was so we can check if each line ends with a paragraph return (unlikely), a forced line break (very likely! – considering the odd random breaks and the fact that there should be plenty of space for the first word in the next line), or (rather unlikely) something less expected, such as lots and lots of spaces between each word.

Note that Manal does not suggest to replace paragraph breaks, but forced line breaks. As OP chose not to show us but Manal's post seems to have solved the problem, I guess it were indeed lots of forced line breaks in there.

(That said, your general advice is of course totally correct for Arabic typesetting.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEs its seems that it full of forced line breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.29.18 PM.png whats wrong?!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your solutions are right.

but he has a break at the end of forced line breaks. its easy.

ii used to work with arabic text full of forced line break and it seems that some users of word documents they press shift enter every end of sentence.!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/manal+shanableh  wrote

it seems that some users of word documents they press shift enter every end of sentence.!!

Shift+Return we call it soft return, it starts a new line within same paragraph, it is not a new paragraph. We learned and practiced Typography by following strict rules to avoid text flowing problems in long stories if we insert unnecessary extra spaces or extra returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right, shift+enter (return) make new sentence not a new paragraph. thats what i said.

يعني نحن متفقين او غير متفين؟

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/manal+shanableh  wrote

right, shift+enter (return) make new sentence not a new paragraph. thats what i said.

يعني نحن متفقين او غير متفين؟

All good Manal as [Jongware]​ did explain your answer up here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Zaid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a moderator, I removed the Correct Answer because I think the whole thread represents the full answer. But there are several helpful answers. Let me know if you disagree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in all subjects in the forum, there are several thread answers represent the full answer and 1 answer is corrected.

and my answer is the correct answer definitely.

i have no problem to remove the correct answer. its okay.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my solution doesn't work Full-Justify text in InDesign

and i suggested to select it and replace it with a space.

and it an optional to find and change all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.39.28 PM.png

nothing changed, i pressed space instead of line break and its ok

thank you for inforamations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you say me which is the version of adobe indesign which has the MIDDLE EASTERN FEATURES.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines