• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Type 1 font support error message about non-existent Type 1 fonts

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have TrueType and OpenType fonts installed and I'm working with templates and documents created using only TrueType and OpenType fonts, but when I open files in InDesign, I get that big purple banner across the bottom warning me that my document contains anywhere from 1 to 30 or more Type 1 fonts and instructing me to replace them (without telling me which Type 1 fonts it says are in use).  I've gone through every paragraph style and character style in those documents to confirm that only TrueType and OpenType fonts were used and the Find/Replace font tool only shows the TrueType and OpenType fonts.  

I haven't used PostScript fonts in more than 15 years and none of the five computers I've used in the last 15 years (to create these very templates and documents) have ever had the older PostScript Type 1 fonts installed on them, so I'm baffled about what's causing those alerts.  

The only time I don't get those errors is when I open a new blank document.  Using those exact same TrueType and OpenType fonts in a new document does not generate errors about Type 1 fonts being used.  This only happens with legacy documents created using older versions of InDesign.

Any idea what's causing this and how to resolve this error message?

TOPICS
Bug , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Hi Jay@Leidos

Sorry about that. As Brad @ Roaring Mouse said, the product team is aware of this issue. In the prerelease version, this issue has been fixed. I would request you to please stay patient and stay tuned for updates.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue and is being worked on. You can safely ignore it in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay@Leidos

Sorry about that. As Brad @ Roaring Mouse said, the product team is aware of this issue. In the prerelease version, this issue has been fixed. I would request you to please stay patient and stay tuned for updates.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

November 2023, Indesign version 18.3, I'm still getting this exact problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines