• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic Line Properties Apple Script CS3/CS4

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if someone could post an applescript snippet for a way to produce a line that was dashed (4pt dash 4pt gap) and was 30% black. Also if anyone knows of a source that has the default properties for the graphic elements in indesign (basically a better indesign scripting dictionary then adobes) please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 14/2/09 10:23 AM, "Vinny Mannello" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />> I was wondering if someone could post an applescript snippet for a way to<br />> produce a line that was dashed (4pt dash 4pt gap) and was 30% black.<br />> <br />The best place to start is to make such a line manually, then get its<br />properties and work backwards. This will do what you want, although you'll<br />probably want to set other properties at the same time:<br /><br />tell application "Adobe InDesign CS4" tell document 1 make graphic line at<br />end with properties {geometric bounds:{0, 0, 0, 10}, stroke type:"Dashed",<br />stroke dash and gap:{4.0, 4.0}, stroke tint:30.0} end tell end tell<br /><br /><br />> Also if anyone knows of a source that has the default properties for the<br />> graphic elements in indesign<br />> <br />The properties are defined in the relevant object styles; graphic lines get<br />the properties set in the object style marked with the Graphics Frame icon.<br /><br />> (basically a better indesign scripting dictionary then adobes)<br />> <br />If you a want a better view of the object model, get Script Debugger and use<br />its Explorer feature <a href=http://www.latenightsw.com/>. I wouldn't dream of<br />scripting without it.<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the heads up, thats excatly the info I was looking for, and script debugger is a very useful tool, thanks there as well!

~Vinny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines