• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey boxes appearing from things saved to CC Libraries

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to InDesign and I need some help. I saved a few things to my CC Libraries to make it easier to place reoccuring things into my documents but when I add them there are grey boxes showing up where images should be.   Can someone help?

samanthac57858272_0-1645812830564.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Misty01,

how did you set the Display Performance of your layout?

Fast, Typical or High Quality?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is set up as High Quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try embedding the image in the orginal work before you place into your library. The image isn't going into the library because the link is broken. It will work then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you Embed the image, I am not familiar with that.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on the asset. Then go to the links panel. Go to the top right of the panel to the three lines. Click there and in the drop down, click embed link. Then drag the asset to the cc library. You can then use it in other documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. The broken link is the link of the graphic in that other frame in the background, I think.

Misty01, could you show a screenshot of your CC Library panel with the library open where the asset is stored?

How does the asset look like in your library? What will happen if you try to edit the asset?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misty01_0-1646163156689.png

The Images show up when you look at the Library. I have tried to edit them and the image doesnt change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Misty01 , If you drag an InDesign asset with a link to a locally saved image into your CCLibraries panel, you can’t move or delete the link without breaking the link when you use the library asset in the future. Here I have a CC Library object with a link to an image on my Desktop:

Screen Shot 10.png

If I trash the desktop image and drag the Library item onto a document the link will show as Missing

Screen Shot 11.png

You could Embed the image before you add it to the Library as others have suggested, but then you will lose the advantage of Linked assets because the file will always be embedded when you use it in the future.

Alternatively, you can save Photoshop and Illustrator assets as cloud docs. Here I’m placing an image saved as a PSDC file from Photoshop—the Link has a cloud icon, and the Link’s file path is to the CC LIbraries. With PSDC files the local link is stored in a temp file, so it remains as a link even thought the file itself is stored in the cloud:

Screen Shot 12.png

Screen Shot 13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines