• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble using layers

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just beginning to use indesign and i have a simple page filled with a new colour but when i go to import a new logo onto the page ,it disappears after i drag it from the border onto the page,i have a feeling it is a setting with layers i have not set up correctly but for the life of me ,i cant get to grips with the problem and would appreciate any tips to rectify the problem.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Tnx jmlevey, but when i played with moving the text up the layers then this solved the issue and i appreciate you taking the time to reply.Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post one screen shot of your layers panel and another one of your links panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx jmlevey, but when i played with moving the text up the layers then this solved the issue and i appreciate you taking the time to reply.Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem may have nothing specificly to do with Layers, per se. I suggest putting your colored page background either on a Master page which, by default, will lock it once you return to your document page. From there go ahead and use File > Place to import your logo. This should solve your problem. If it doesn't, it's possible that the logo is somehow ending up on a layer beneath the layer on which you created your colored background. If that's the case, either drag the lower layer above the layer with the colored background, or drag and drop the logo file up to a higher or layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx Scott but when i played with moving the text up the layers then this solved the issue and i appreciate you taking the time to reply.Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that isn't always clear to some beginners is that there are layers, and that items on any given layer also have a stacking order. Think of it like layers being floors of a building, and the stacking order are items on one floor. The table on the 3rd floor is higher than the rug on the 3rd floor, but the rug on the 3rd floor is higher than the table on the 2nd floor. Object>Arrange lets you control the stacking within the layer, and if you click the arrow in the Layers window, you can expand it to see the stacking within the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like something in the code is modifying the player's z-value. It's difficult to say without seeing the entire project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines