• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Header not pickup up chapter title for endnotes

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the page headers for my endnotes are not picking up the Chapter Title even though the table of contents is showing the endnotes as a chapter with the right page number.  Is there something about the endnotes that prevent them from being a "chapter" just as far as the header is concerned.  I have tried everything I can think of to make it re-set the header.  Does anyone have any suggestions for things to try?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a bit more details on how you set them up? Are they on Master pages (Parents), a screenshot of the Paragraph styles you used...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I'll see if I can give you all the information you requested.

Basically every spread in the book is set up with headers displaying the book title with the page number on the left and the chapter title with the page number on the right.  It works for every chapter except the Endnotes even though the Endnotes chapter heading is picked up by the table of contents generator.  I don't know how else to describe it.  I can't find anything different about the way the Endnotes chapter is set up.  

I'm having trouble figuring out how to upload screengrabs.  I'll try again if this doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines