• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help changing applescript to change font color in a text box

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this script working BUT I want to change the text INSIDE the text box to the "noprint" swatch

I am a beginner and have no clue.

Can someone help me?

tell application "Adobe InDesign 2022"

tell active document

delete unused swatches

set allSwatches to every swatch

make color with properties {model:spot, space:CMYK, color value:{100, 0, 0, 0}, name:"noprint"}

make color with properties {model:spot, space:CMYK, color value:{0, 0, 0, 100}, name:"wb"}

set infoLayer to make layer with properties {name:"Job Info - Non-Print", printable:true, layer color:blue}

set infoLayer to layer "Job Info - Non-Print"

end tell

tell the active document

tell the first spread

set slugText to make new text frame with properties ¬

{geometric bounds:{(item 4 of page 1's bounds), 0.25, ((item 3 of page 1's bounds) + -1), 3}, stroke color:"noprint", stroke weight:1}

set contents of slugText to "one" & return & "two"

end tell

end tell

end tell

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Here’s the entire script—didn’t need the extra skip colors array, just edit sl as needed, these are the colors that get skipped:

set sl to {"None", "Registration", "Paper", "Black"}

tell application id "com.adobe.indesign"
	tell active document
		delete unused swatches
		set allSwatches to every swatch
		try
			set noprint to make color with properties {model:spot, space:CMYK, color value:{100, 0, 0, 0}, name:"noprint"}
		on error
			set noprint to every color whose name is "noprint"
		end t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be better to go back to just listing the swatches in the swatch panel list besides certain colors? I think that would work since the color from the eps would come in automatically to the indesign swatch list. I could run the part to remove all unused and then just have it read what is in the panel and add to the text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and then just have it read what is in the panel and add to the text box

The panel list would be for the entire document, not just spread 1. Are you trying to get a print list? A color can be in use but not visible.

What‘s the end use for the list—is it for some kind of preflight? Are you really looking for the names of process colors, or is it just Spot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am trying to list any colors that are used in the document. Like a preflight sort of, but after we do our file prep for print readiness.

So if I have an illustrator placed in INdesign, I will need to know what colors are used in that document as well. spot or cmyk mix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is to create a sort of "slug line" for the CSR and customer to see and confirm colors used in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, what’s the use of listing the process color names without listing CMYK values—they’re all going to end up on the CMYK plates, and anything could happen to the Document CMYK values depending on how the PDF is exported and the printer handles color management.

I can see getting a spot color list to make sure you don’t output a color to an extra plate when it should actually be CMYK. But in any case, how do you determine if an in use color is actually printing?

If I run the last version of the script I get this where PANTONE Orange 021 is listed, but doesn’t print:

Screen Shot 4.png

And this, where the only color in the report list actually printing is PANTONE Orange—the other colors are in use but hidden behind the orange fill:

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I need it to only report what is in use on the page. In a perfect world, I would want it to list the color name and build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy. Sorry. It ONLY reports wb and noprint in the swatches used, even if other spot colors are in the list. Can you still help me? I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, your code is putting the info text frame on the bottom layer, not your constructed layer. You might want this for the text frame construction :

set slugText to make new text frame with properties {geometric bounds:{(item 4 of page 1's bounds), 0.25, ((item 3 of page 1's bounds) + -1), 3}, stroke color:"noprint", stroke weight:1, item layer:"Job Info - Non-Print"}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines