• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help! indesign page layout

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have setup a magazine with specs from the printing company and I having some issue.  This is our third issue and previous ones have been fine but this time the printers are saying the size is wrong.   The page size is 8.25 x 10.75(49p6 x 64p6).   Margins .25 all sides (1p6) 7.75 x 10.25.   Bleed .25 all sides (1p6) 8.75 x 11.25.   This is my issue when I use these settings My overall page setting with margins and bleed is 9.33 x 11.83 not 8.75 x 11.25.  I have attached a screen shot of my settings.   Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanksscreen view 2.jpgscreen view.jpg

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

You probably have turned on extras - color boxes and cutting lines ? 

You don't need to care about overall "page" size of the document - what matters is a page size setup in the InDesign - the rest will be cut off anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The margin is NOT added to the pages size, only the bleed. The margin definse the content area. I am not used to inches so it difficult to follow the overall meassures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, OP is expecting end size of the page to be page size + bleed - but there is something extra.

▒► ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard ◄▒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have turned on extras - color boxes and cutting lines ? 

You don't need to care about overall "page" size of the document - what matters is a page size setup in the InDesign - the rest will be cut off anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, and that makes sense.  But do the settings look correct based on the specs I provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it looks OK in the InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines