• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help, Indesign page moves with typing

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! All of a sudden, my Indesign page moves when I type in a text box.

So if i enter some text and return, the whole indesign page moves up. And when i type in a text the page goed to the left, while I type.

Never had this before. Maybe I hitted some keystroke, that does something like 'automatic scroll when typing' so your text stays in the middle

or something - bu I cannot find that option anywhere. Nor did I find anyone with this same problem...

so please Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Casper:

This is normal behavior for InDesign if you are zoomed in and the text you are adding won't appear within your field of vision. If you zoom out and type, this should not happen. Can you explain further when it's happening, and share a screen shot?

Generally speaking, with InDesign starts misbehaving, trashing preferences will take care of things.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences [2009 Outdated & Locked]

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm a Indesign user from 1.0 on to CC but never had this before. It's in normal view, so also when zoomed out.

let's see if I can record it. It's really annoying, can't work this way (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's not normal. (But you knew that! ) Is it this file, or all files?

There is nothing in Preferences that I can find that would activate this behavior so I'd be looking at trashing prefs, next. There are a few different ways to do it—the first two are outlined in the link I provided above.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too now! How to fix this. I have the newst version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dmitrij27427551qzku:

Did you try rebuilding cache/preferences (aka trash preferences) as was recommended, twice?

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could it be caused by something in your Accessibility settings: 

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 12.58.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines