• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please! Files lost after InDesign update...

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I had 3 large files that I have been working on for the last few weeks. The last edits I made were this morning (16th March). InDesign updated after I finished working on them. I have just tried to open the files - they are showing in "Open Recent" but the files are no longer there. I have searched my PC & external drives but cannot find them. I have versions of the files from 14th March. The only .indd files I have dated 16th March are "Adobe Experimentation" files which I guess were placed on my PC during the update. The update seems to have removed today's version of the three files. Can anyone help me recover them?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

It sounds like you didn't save them but if you did, whatever happened didn't happen because of the update. As already pointed out, if you saved them in a Dropbox, OneDrive or similar service, you can easily recover them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe updates do never remove files automatically. Where did you save those files? If you have saved them on DropBox or similiar services you have a good chance to recover accidently deleted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi - I am running a scan now to see if they have been accidentally moved or deleted but an initial search of .indd files on my entire PC could not find anything other than files that were saved before the update. There is nothing in the recycle bin either. So I have older versions of those files but have lost all the edits I made last night and this morning. I'm completely baffled. The only files I have dated today are a bunch of Adobe Indesign files that are not mine, is that normal during an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you didn't save them but if you did, whatever happened didn't happen because of the update. As already pointed out, if you saved them in a Dropbox, OneDrive or similar service, you can easily recover them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines