• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with corrupted files?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first file, Shape of Sola Scriptura EPUB.indd, I'm pretty sure it's the small caps character style that's causing the trouble. I've attempted to replace the font, I've uninstalled the font, I've tried editing the style and deleting/replacing the style. Every attempt just causes ID to freeze so I have to force restart.

In the second file, Son to Me.indd...beats me. I can't even open it.

Could somebody help me with repairs? Thanks!

~Valerie

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Hi kyriosity,

I can open both documents without any problems with my German InDesign 2020 version 15.1.1.103 on Windows 10.

So the operating system could not be the core issue. Manan tried to open the docs successfully on Mac OS X.

Of course, linked images are missing and also some fonts. To test if the fonts are the issue I would suggest you uninstall the used fonts for both documents first and then try to open the documents.

Used fonts:

Shape of Sola Scriptura EPUB.indd
Amazon Ember Bold
Ama

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try exporting to IDML?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Manan. I could try that with the first file, but what should I do after the export? Just saving as INDD produces the same issue. And I can't even try it with the second file because I can't open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened both your files on my MAC with InDesign 15.0.3 and both of them opened just fine. I was able to scroll around, delete text, also delete the character style that you mentioned, all was working fine. Now the thing to note is that i have many missing fonts in the document so your guess of font being the culprit could be right, or may be InDesign version, or OS. I would suggest try on a different machine which does not have these fonts as a start

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, not an option, as I have only one computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you could save that file with the character style deleted and send it back to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I was able to start a new file and get things sorted out with that one. Now the other file is the only troublesome one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kyriosity,

I can open both documents without any problems with my German InDesign 2020 version 15.1.1.103 on Windows 10.

So the operating system could not be the core issue. Manan tried to open the docs successfully on Mac OS X.

Of course, linked images are missing and also some fonts. To test if the fonts are the issue I would suggest you uninstall the used fonts for both documents first and then try to open the documents.

Used fonts:

Shape of Sola Scriptura EPUB.indd
Amazon Ember Bold
Amazon Ember Regular
Bookerly Bold
Bookerly Bold Italic
Bookerly Italic
Bookerly Regular
Perpetua Regular
Perpetua Small Caps & Oldstyle Regular
Perpetua Titling MT Light

Son to Me 2020.indd
Adobe Garamond Pro Bold
Adobe Garamond Pro Italic
Adobe Garamond Pro Regular
Adobe Garamond Pro Regular
Bebas Neue Bold
Bebas Neue Regular
District Pro Thin

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the magic! Thanks so much, Uwe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valerie,

did you find the exact cause?

What fonts exactly were the problem?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it was either one of the Bebas Neues or the District Pro. I didn't bother to try either again...just picked substitutes. The Garamond, happily, appears to have been innocent, since I use that a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines