• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with facing pages - New pages not facing

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a relative newbie to InDesign, so I'm hoping there's an easy answer. I inserted two pages to my document of 98 facing pages (49 spreads).  They inserted as individual pages that I can't get to view as facing for some reason.

I've tried moving them around (which at one point had me have four pages facing which was not what I wanted)

I've tried  going to Document Settings and unchecking and rechecking facing pages. 

What should I try next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

With all pages selected in the pages pallet, make sure that both of the Allow Pages to shuffle and Allow select spread to shuffle are checked.

Screenshot 2018-12-03 17.02.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all pages selected in the pages pallet, make sure that both of the Allow Pages to shuffle and Allow select spread to shuffle are checked.

Screenshot 2018-12-03 17.02.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you want page 1 to the left? Odd pages are usually to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took a comment this simple to answer my question 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also new to the software.  This also helped me figure it out!  Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The allowing spreads and pages to shuffle helped a lot.

But it also reshuffled my page spreads so I have orphans at the front and back. Instead of 50 spreads, I have 51.  Strange.  I think I can work with that though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elizabetht93523931  wrote

The allowing spreads and pages to shuffle helped a lot.

But it also reshuffled my page spreads so I have orphans at the front and back. Instead of 50 spreads, I have 51.  Strange.  I think I can work with that though.

Not really strange.  Ff you look at any book, the first and last pages are the front and back covers. 

If you have your outside cover pages in a separate document, you can go back to starting on a two page spread by using your numbering and section options to start your document on an even page number. (Start Page Numbering at [  2  ].

Screenshot 2018-12-07 12.14.46.png Screenshot 2018-12-07 12.14.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a relative newbie to InDesign

If your book is going to be printed and bound, you have to be careful about starting with page 1 (the cover?) on the left. When the book is bound the cover has to be to the right of the spine. You'll see the problem if you export to PDF with General>Viewing>Layout set to Two-Up Continuous:

Screen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines