• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High Quality display performance not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I select high-quality display performance it makes my image super pixelated. The image is high res and the settings under display performance are set to high res and high quality. I also have preserve object-object level display settings and enable anti-aliasing checked. Nothing is making sense.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

These commands are confusing in any version because they appear in three different places.

My suggestion is that you start in the view menu:

InDesign CCss_003.png

Then If you were in the object menu, select each image, go back to the Object menu and set the display performance to Use View setting (the setting from the view menu).

InDesign CCss_004.png

Still not there? Then check Preferences:

InDesign CCss_006.png

If this doesn't take care of it, the next step is to examine the Effective PPI for the pixelated images in Window > Links. What is the Effective PPI valu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fernanda:

This feature hasn't changed since it was asked about in 2017 and I have not personally experienced any bugs with it. If InDesign is buggy—which it often is after a major upgrade—the correct approach is to rebuild the cache and preferences files.

Otherwise, it comes down to not understanding how to use this feature, which I acknowledged is confusing in my original answer. If you want to provide us with additional information, we are happy to try to help you work through it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. i find sometimes if I relink the file (even though it is currently linked it fixes the problem temporarily). And its not very image, just certain ones, both imported vector and psd files. I have checked evey option, preferences, view menu, and Im still having this problem. Even with new update to 18.1. Ive attached a file to show what Im talking about, its so bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@hegercreative:

Please share your InDesign version number, the effective PPI on the selected image, and where exactly you set the display performance to High Quality.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines