• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High Sierra Beta 10.13.1 & InDesign Cursor Issue

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded the first High Sierra Beta and there's no improvement in the InDesign cursor issue. Will keep an eye out for 10.13.2.

The good news is you can still save your work without losing anything. So aside from having to quit and restart InDesign every 15 or 20 minutes, this is not a show stopper or what I'd consider a serious glitch, and I've used InDesign since before 1.0. You'll still get your work done, and you won't lose any more than 10 or 15 minutes in a full day of InDesign work. I'd rate this at most a 2 on a scale of 10, and I've experienced them all.

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Hi Everyone,

GREAT NEWS! Apple just released a supplemental update that resolves the cursor issue. Please check out the link mentioned below.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/05/apple-releases-supplementary-update-for-macos-high-sierra-with-various-bug-fixes/

pasted_image_at_2017_10_05_12_33_pm.png

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Thanks for reporting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I'm upgrading to High Sierra on the basis of this specific note. My entire company's fate rests on your judgment. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not, IMO, a very wise move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given how many programs MacOS 10.13 is incompatible with (yes, not the other way around), it would be very imprudent to be an early adopter of this OS version. Wait until the 10.13.x updates are issued and the “all clear” is given by the various application software companies.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I upgraded and can't use any of the Adobe programs. Why didn't Adobe warn us ahead of time??

Just joking. Thanks for the concern - we are aware of the risks and our comment was really just tongue-in-cheek. Doesn't always translate well on the internet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dov+Isaacs  wrote

Given how many programs MacOS 10.13 is incompatible with (yes, not the other way around), it would be very imprudent to be an early adopter of this OS version. Wait until the 10.13.x updates are issued and the “all clear” is given by the various application software companies.

- Dov

Could you let us know exactly how many programs MacOS 10.13 is incompatible with? Because I only have issues with InDesign and (sometimes) Illustrator. Everything else non-Adobe works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was being serious. Look at the number of hits there. This O/S was not ready to be released.

Wacom still hasn't released drivers.

Every application interacts differently with the O/S. This one has minor new feature but major under the hood feature changes. Apple will get everything fixed eventually, but in the mean time, it's just not worth upgrading, yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace "high sierra" with any other OS name and you'll see the same type of results. There are always some issues with outdated pieces of software when a new OS is released. High Sierra is not better or worse than other releases in this regard.

And, uh, Wacom has had a terrible history in rolling out driver updates after something goes wrong in a OS level update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are (probably unintentionally) making my point for me. What’s the rush to move to this operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That question opens up a whole can of worms. The tech industry is driven by innovation, actual and perceived. An annual update cycle is not a necessity in terms of daily usage, but it is a necessity to stay relevant, keep customers engaged, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think updating your OS has any bearing on that. the software you use on it might, but hang on to your old OS until the software leaves it behind, not the other way around...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad idea, unless you like having to quit and restart InDesign every 15 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 1.49.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running 10.13.1 beta update since Oct 1--absolutely no change in the InDesign cursor issue. Trust me, this is not the time to go with High Sierra if you are using InDesign.  I'm in the beta tester program. Since I'm already there, I'll let you know when it's safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's strange--they aren't making the latest "fix" available for beta testers. So maybe the new public update does fix the cursor problem.

Now I have to figure out how to get the public update--it wasn't part of the beta 10.13.1 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the screen capture in #15, it looks like it's an update at the App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't updated my MacBook but I would concur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve. But it's the strangest thing, when you are in the beta tester program, you don't have access to the public App Store releases. So I think I'll need to get out of the developer program to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it will be built into your next Developer build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just unenrolled from the developer program and will attempt to restore to the public version of High Sierra... Too much fun for any one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s why I keep this kind of stuff on a separate machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines