• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High Sierra Beta 10.13.1 & InDesign Cursor Issue

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded the first High Sierra Beta and there's no improvement in the InDesign cursor issue. Will keep an eye out for 10.13.2.

The good news is you can still save your work without losing anything. So aside from having to quit and restart InDesign every 15 or 20 minutes, this is not a show stopper or what I'd consider a serious glitch, and I've used InDesign since before 1.0. You'll still get your work done, and you won't lose any more than 10 or 15 minutes in a full day of InDesign work. I'd rate this at most a 2 on a scale of 10, and I've experienced them all.

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Hi Everyone,

GREAT NEWS! Apple just released a supplemental update that resolves the cursor issue. Please check out the link mentioned below.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/05/apple-releases-supplementary-update-for-macos-high-sierra-with-various-bug-fixes/

pasted_image_at_2017_10_05_12_33_pm.png

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Werner  wrote

From the screen capture in #15, it looks like it's an update at the App Store.

It is, it turned up in the Mac App Store, Updates tab on my High Sierra test volume.

If you don't see it there for some reason, Google also found it available as a standalone download at Apple:

macOS 10.13 Supplemental update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It wasn't showing up for me in the App store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quiting and relaunching InDesign every 5 to 10 minutes (yes, that is how long it lasts) is unacceptable when working on a newspaper deadline. Furthermore, this is not the only problem, since the program crashes constantly and as a result computer freezes, does not restart and the only way around is unplugging the damn thing. Nice work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

atelieyx​ It's Apple's bug. It's fixed!

Get the update from Apple. Feel free to read about it here: Apple releases macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update with bug fixes for Adobe InDesign, Mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using it for the past 30 minutes, it is definitely fixed. About damn time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't been having those kinds of issues you describe. Hopefully the new update of the public release fixes it. Sorry, but I can't test it yet because it's not been part of the beta tester program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved with today's High Sierra update!

Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

GREAT NEWS! Apple just released a supplemental update that resolves the cursor issue. Please check out the link mentioned below.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/05/apple-releases-supplementary-update-for-macos-high-sierra-with-variou...

pasted_image_at_2017_10_05_12_33_pm.png

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a moderator, I just added an announcement at the top of the InDesign forum page to alert users to download the Supplemental Update to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the announcement, Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't it be nice if Adobe would fix bugs as quickly as Apple does...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2019 why is still a problem.. Using Adobe InDesign 2020, and macOS Mojave 10.14.6. 

My cursor keeps getting stuck and won't move to where I need it to. Happens on my wireless mouse (Logitech MX Master 2S) and my trackpad. How come Adobe hasn't properly fixed this or made a comment? 

// take that 'SOLVED' off of this thread 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ever issue you're having is completely different from this.
Start a new conversation with full details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every reply you make is not read great across screens. maybe watch your digital tone. 

also - seems like i found a bandaid fix to the problem - I saved the file as an older InDesign file. Seems to do the trick for now, might be the new update that is re-introducing the bug in Id. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, whatever it is your seeing has nothing to do with the Apple bug discussed here. I'm not carrying this on any further. Create a new topic with full details, including screenshots and maybe you'll get some help.

I'm locking this topic as it has been long answered and fixed by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines