Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home screen does not show recent files in Indesign v16.3 on windows 10

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Home screen does not show recent files.

I have already completely uninstalled and installed and it does not appear. In other programs such as Acrobat the list of recent files does appear.

{Renamed by MOD}

Carpe diem
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

@Moises_Kanada I'm sorry to hear that nothing you've tried so far is fixing the issue for you. You said, "In other programs such as Acrobat..." you can see the welcome screen with a list of recent files. Do you have Photoshop and Illustrator? If so, does the welcome screen display properly in those apps? I'm wondering why only InDesign is having a problem. Other than this issue, does the program work properly for you?

Also, though I don't know much about LTSC, I see it is used with fewer than

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's not fully loading as you should see the Welcome message as I show here. In the Preferences > General tab, make sure "Show Home Screen When No Documents Are Open" is checked. If it is, you may need to reset your preferences. Have you done that yet? Also, can you give us details on your operating system and version of InDesign?

Once your home screen is fully loading again, you should be able to use the very small up/down arrow next to Sort / Recent to scroll back through your recent document list.

JainLemos_0-1627855229872.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 16.3 and I already did what you mention and the error persists. I also uninstalled with the official tool "Creative Cloud Cleaner tool" and it follows the same problem. I have windows 10 LTSC

Carpe diem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 16.3 was developed to run native on computers using Apple's new M1 chip. Along with your operating system can you provide information as to whether your computer is using the M1 chip or the older Intel chip? If the problem is happening on an Intel computer then that could mean that 16.3 has compatibility problems with the Intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Did you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall InDesign?
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, InDesign update, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting InDesign Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/user-guide.html/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.ug.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,I have version 16.3 and I already did what you mention and the error persists. I also uninstalled with the official tool "Creative Cloud Cleaner tool" and it follows the same problem. I have windows 10 LTSC

Carpe diem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the details, and sorry for the delayed response. I would recommend you to update InDesign if there is an update available in Creative Cloud. If not, then please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

• Rename the CEP folder to "CEP.old" from the following location:
    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the extensions folder to "extensions.old" from the following location:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with @J E L  advice:

Go to your InDesign Prefences (CTRL K or CMD K) with no documents open.

Tick the Show HOme Screen When No Documents are Open

EugeneTyson_0-1627972277046.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,I've already done the step. 😞

Carpe diem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Moises_Kanada I'm sorry to hear that nothing you've tried so far is fixing the issue for you. You said, "In other programs such as Acrobat..." you can see the welcome screen with a list of recent files. Do you have Photoshop and Illustrator? If so, does the welcome screen display properly in those apps? I'm wondering why only InDesign is having a problem. Other than this issue, does the program work properly for you?

Also, though I don't know much about LTSC, I see it is used with fewer than 2 percent of all devices.

"The Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) is designed for Windows 10 devices and use cases where the key requirement is that functionality and features don’t change over time."

Perhaps your platform doesn't allow for certain changes in applications when updating to newer versions. This could have nothing to do with the issue but it's a possibility. If that is the problem, Adobe staff and developers will be the ones who can assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines