• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I combine the contents of two indesign files into a single file?

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5 .indd files which I now want to combine, sequentially, into a single .indd file.  How can I do this please?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be better off using the book feature but short of that, open all the files and use the move pages command from each document into the master document you want to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @No Notes:

You can drag and drop the page icons in the Pages panel from one file to another (Window > Arrange is handy) or you can use Move Pages from the Pages panel menu.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  This has worked (move pages!).  Now I find that in the pages widow my pages do not display evenly.  Some are right then left then right etc of the centre line.  Others are joined, double-page spreads...  How can I rearrange them so they display simply as double-page spreads OR as single pages, siply one on top of the other.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @No Notes:

Use Allow Document Pages to Shuffle and Allow Selected Spreads to Shuffle in the Pages panel menu. 

Details here: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-allow-document-pages-or-selected-spread-to-shuf...

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I've done what you said but it is till not settling right.  The first few pages go wrong...  and it goes wrong later too.  Screen grabs attached below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @No Notes:

Tell us exactly what you need.

If odd pages right, even on the left, check both Allow Document Pages to Shuffle and Allow Selected Spreads to Shuffle in the Pages panel. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines