• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I edit a footer?

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple question as a new user, but I can't find an answer.  I need to edit one word in a footer that includes the page number.  I've tried several times looking at layers, masters, etc. to no avail.  I'm using InDesign version 16.2.1

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to hold together left Ctrl with left Shift and then click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will only apply to one page. There should be a footer somewhere on the master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TSully1957:

Footers are added to the master pages, and your screen shot shows that you are on a body page

Use Window > Pages to open the Pages panel. The footer will likely be on the A-Master—double click the words A-Master and take a look. Is the footer visible? If so, you can edit it and then return to the body pages. 

Note that master pages can be more complex—multiple masters and custom names, so if the footer isn't visible on the A-Master, double click the other master page names until you locate it, or just share a screen shot so that we can be more specific. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all!  I "punted" and just edited it in Adobe Acrobat Pro...one by one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pity you have wasted time correcting everything in acrobat pro.

If you send us a page in Indesign we can give you a better solution

It may be useful to you for another time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it was a bit of a "time sensitive" proposal.  I've been working on an InDesign class, but I was edited something I didn't create.  Next time, I'll insist that I build the product, so at least I'll know what I did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines