• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get the numbers to show be the same height as we letters?

Advocate ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a refresher course on typography is in order here.

I'm designing my resume in Adobe InDesign cc 2018. I find the numbers are higher then the letters. What should I do to correct that?

Also, when I make the binding box the same height as the background box the text does not stay in the middle. I can't recall what to do to make the text stay in the middle. I forgot the terminology and everything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Quite frankly, I don't see any issues in the example you provided. The baseline of the 555-555-5555 appears to match the baseline of the text. The height of those digits don't exceed the height of the tallest letter on the line.

There is nothing that InDesign does differently in laying out digits than letters. Any differences that may be seen are based in the actual design of the glyphs in a particular font.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, I don't see any issues in the example you provided. The baseline of the 555-555-5555 appears to match the baseline of the text. The height of those digits don't exceed the height of the tallest letter on the line.

There is nothing that InDesign does differently in laying out digits than letters. Any differences that may be seen are based in the actual design of the glyphs in a particular font.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They look okay to me but you might want to see if that font includes old style figures. If so, give those a try by enabling it in the paragraph style or character style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines