• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make exception for certain text so it's visible over a bounding box

Participant ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a column of text that has a photo and a quotation which I made into bounding boxes (I think they're called). I need this document to be a template that others can simply copy and paste new articles/text into for the following editions.  

The Photo bounding box worked no problem. But for the quotation, I have made a box filled with green (to resemble somewhat a speech bubble) and the main body of text avoids it as I want it to. But how do I place the text from the quote onto the green speech bubble/curved box without the bounding box hiding it or making it invisible? Is there a way for certain text to be excluded from the command to exclude text in the bounding box?

I've attached a screenshot to give a clearer view of what I mean.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Select the text frame, then go to the Object menu > Text frame options and tick “ignore text wrap”. But you could have done this with a single text frame, with a green background and round corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the text frame, then go to the Object menu > Text frame options and tick “ignore text wrap”. But you could have done this with a single text frame, with a green background and round corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had considered that, but the formatting issues trying to get the quote, and oversized quotation marks to look right, was just easier to have all elements separate. You can see the comparison in the attached screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes and No. Unfortunately, the problem with that approach is that if you apply a rounded corner to any text box like that, you no longer have control over the text insets in ways you might want. You get only ONE inset option, so cannot customize the sides individually if you so desire (and I personally more than often, do!). Plus, the text inset follows the curve of the corner so affects the indent of the first line. I had long ago submitted a feature request to allow us to have text insets that are relative to the bounding box of the text box, as opposed to relative to the SHAPE of the text box, but that hasn't seemed to have gone anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines