Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I only view 1 single PDF page instead of all the pages with hyperlinks

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to create a single interactive pdf page. So far I have got 11 pages, each page is a new clickable section. i.e on the home page if you click the box 'about us' It will take you to a new page (basically a duplicate of the first page with the 'about us' information on screen as well). But when I save it, it shows all 11 pages instead of just 1 interactive page. How can I fix this???

TOPICS
Experiment , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Print , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are looking for is not possible.

If I understand you correctly you want to have multiple pages in the document which are linked to each other but only display one page in Adobe Acrobat and when a link to lets say page 5 is clicked to only display page 5 without the rest. This is to my knowledge not possible.

What you can do is create only one page in your doument and work with hidden areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are need to work with layers. One layer = one page. InDesign doesn't have ability to show/hide layers in resulted pdf. Add in button settings layer visibility in Acrobat Pro after export from InDesign.

Snag_ec1bd9.png

 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George, thanks so much for replying. So in Indesign I have added in every page as a layer on top of the first page. Are you able to explain a bit more about how I can create hyperlinks between the layers? I understand you said InDesign does not show/hide layers using hyperlinks so how can I use the buttons in acrobat pro to do this (I downloaded my Indesign pdf as an interactive pdf but when I open in acrobat its only the first page/layer)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/exporting-layers-from-indesign-to-pdf/td-p/11902...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines