• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove hyperlinks in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the answer to this anywhere. I have a graphic in my indesign document. I applied a hyperlink to it. Now I want to remove the hyperlink without removing the graphic. How can I do that? The only thing I can find on removing hyperlinks is from 2011 and it's a script. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

I think what you're describing is a straightforward thing to fix.

If you go to the Windows menu, select Interactive, then Hyperlinks. You'll see the Hyperlinks window. If you then select your object you'll see the hyperlink in the Hyperlinks window highlighted. Once you've got it highlighted click the trash can to delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you're describing is a straightforward thing to fix.

If you go to the Windows menu, select Interactive, then Hyperlinks. You'll see the Hyperlinks window. If you then select your object you'll see the hyperlink in the Hyperlinks window highlighted. Once you've got it highlighted click the trash can to delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I wasn't finding it and I wasn't finding the answer either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Interactive and Hyperlinks as two different menu items, and in the hyperlinks menu there is no trash can. What am I not seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Interactive > Hyperlinks > Select the hyperlink you want to delete > click the trash can in the hyperlinks panel (!not the trash can in pages panel 🙈)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das mit dem Löschen funktioniert leider nicht. Ich kann zwar den Link anklicken und dann auf löschen klicken, aber: Der Link wird NICHT gelöscht!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Werkt perfect! Dankjewel voor de tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These guys don't know what they are talking about.

You need to delete the line and retype it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your answer is wrong, deadly wrong. The answers above are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not. You must delete the text and hyperllink, then retype the text. The above is how to change the link address. Either way, it is not "deadly wrong", that response is just hyperbole. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct Roshanwill. I tried what they are suggesting by going to the hyperlinks panel, selecting the URL I want to delete, and hitting the trashcan icon. When I go back to what I made a hyperlink it is still linked. Unfortunately, the only way to delete it is to delete the text or image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you experience is that Acrobat detects URLs in the text automatically. You can turn it off there, but technically they are deleted. Roshanvill does not know about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that, but will not rush into just accepting that. Can't afford to have a PDF go out with the wrong hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It makes more sense to right-click and delete the hyper link in the "edit hyperlink" section than having to bring up a whole new window just to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to remove the underline, and change the text color back to your paragraph style. Windows>Interactive>Hyperlinks is correct.
This simply unlinks the text, it does not return the text to it original styling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines