• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Hide Selection Frame/Box

Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to move a text box but with the frame hidden so I can focus on just the type. I've tried a slew of Show/Hide combos in the Extras and Grids & Guides, but haven't found anything.  Suggestions?

For example in Illustrator - pressing Ctrl-H and then using the Direct Selection tool (shortcut A) allows me to move selected type/objects, but with their bounding box hidden.

Thanks,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going into preview mode (W key) will give you a clean preview, no guides, bleeds, frames, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marc Trzepla:

Illustrator has a feature to accomplish this: View > Hide Bounding Box. InDesign has View > Extras > Hide Frame Edges but they still appear when you hover or click to select an object, even in Preview mode. There's nothing that I am aware of to circumvent that. You can file a feature request here: https://indesign.uservoice.com.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bummer.  It’s a wonder that anyone can see what they’re doing with all those frames selected.

Thanks, Barb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines