• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to access the Scale Graphics Menu

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 10.48.14 AM.pngI'm looking for this menu, could someone provide the path to get to this menu?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

That is not a native InDesign menu. It seems that it is the Scale Graphics script, available here:

http://in-tools.com/article/scripts-blog/scale-graphics-script/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a native InDesign menu. It seems that it is the Scale Graphics script, available here:

http://in-tools.com/article/scripts-blog/scale-graphics-script/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to have this. You can do EVERYTHING in the normal size and position menus and much more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with fabric / textiles. When I place a fabric image into a content frame, I need the images to be at 100% scale, so my mock-ups look accurate.

I need the option to change all the images within content frames to 100% scale, at the same time, with the anchor point as the center of the frame. Is there a way to do this in native InDesign, or do I need a script? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what object styles are for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my mock-ups have over 900 content frames. I know how to go in each frame individually and resize the image to 100% scale. But, I am looking for a way to resize all the content of my frames to 100% at the same time. 

Also, I am not sure what you are trying to tell me with 'object styles'. That's a vague answer with no examples or description about where that is located. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, you said:

Some of my mock-ups have over 900 content frames. I know how to go in each frame individually and resize the image to 100% scale. But, I am looking for a way to resize all the content of my frames to 100% at the same time. 

Also, I am not sure what you are trying to tell me with 'object styles'. That's a vague answer with no examples or description about where that is located. 

By @lisa_BaumTextile

Yes, these option are availabe from your fitting options and with an object style you can control as many objects as you need.

This is how you make an object style, see below, and within the fitting options you can control the object fits withing the frame.

 

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 12.29.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 12.30.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you did not use Object styles, you can use the Find/Change to apply a style.

Create the style with the properties you want.

Check your existing graphics and see what Obj. Style they use (probably None).

Search for None and replace with your new Style.

Then edit your style to your desired settings.

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines